Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Elderly Couple Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Reported by: Cristina Rendon

BROWNSVILLE - Police are releasing the identities of an elderly man and a woman found dead in their Brownsville home.

Authorities believe Adan and Rosario Salinas died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police say the 69-year-old couple was found dead in their bedroom Thursday evening. They tell us a family member got worried after repeated phone calls had gone unanswered. They went to check on them and that’s when they discovered the victims unresponsive.

The couple's 37-year-old son and 15-year-old grandson were also in the house. The son is in the hospital in critical condition. The grandson is in stable condition.

Authorities say their investigation points to high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. We're told an appliance, possibly a water heater, is to blame.


No comments:

Post a Comment